So, the tax filing deadline is April 18th, are you still trying to decide whether to file your own taxes or hire a professional?
Here are a few pros and cons of DIY tax prep vs Hiring a professional.
Pros of hiring a professional vs DIY tax prep.
- Be confident that your tax return is filed correctly. We all want to make sure we are avoiding mistakes with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). A mistake on your tax return can accumulate fines, interest and even a dreaded audit. Not fun at all. The advantage of working with a qualified professional will give you peace of mind that your taxes are free of any major errors.
- Get professional advice on what deductions and credits that you qualify for to reduce your tax bill. This is where an expert really comes in handy. Researching tax deductions rules on the IRS website can be enough to give anyone a headache- including me. If you are self-employed, reporting your income, business expenses, health care coverage and other items can be challenging.
- Tax preparer fees are normally tax deductible. Depending on how many miscellaneous expenses you have annually you may be able to write off your tax preparer fees.
Ok, lets put the pros aside and take a look at the cons of hiring a tax preparer and how Aguilar Tax Service can help you and your wallet.
Cons of hiring a professional vs DIY tax prep.
- A tax preparer costs a little bit more money. If you are on a tight budget the tax professionals at Aguilar Tax Service help make your tax process convenient, easy and saves you time and money… because we believe that “time is money!” Most of us lead very busy lives and can’t or don’t want to spend hours out of our day driving to and from a tax office and waiting to have your taxes prepared. At Aguilar Tax Service we are happy to prepare your taxes the traditional way, I can save you both time and money by providing a virtual tax service that allows you access to a professional that will get your taxes done quickly and easily…. Without leaving your home or office.
- Fraud is hot and heavy. When DIY tax prepping you are at greater risk for identity theft or errors in your tax return. It is important to invest in someone with the right credentials and stellar testimonials, like the ones at Aguilar Tax Services to make sure your identity and taxes are safe.
- Our advice to you is that you can’t just sit back and assume your tax preparer will do everything without any mistakes. Even if you pay a prepared, you must review your final tax return and request confirmation that your return has actually been filed.
In conclusion, it is a smart choice to hire a qualified tax professional especially if you have a complicated tax situation. At Aguilar Tax Services our tax services are a simple flat fee instead of charging you a ‘fee-per-form’ like the other tax services might do.
Are you ready to get started? Contact me today at (949) 394-9725 and remember the deadline to file your taxes is April 18, 2018.